Monday 28 March 2016

Art hands

It has been a month already (!) since my last post here, so another blog entry is waaay overdue at this stage! The question is only, what do I start with? I have done lots and lots of art, again most is for swaps and I do not want my partners to see what I did ahead of time. 
So I am going to show you some arted up hand outlines I made for a swap, but I already showed them  to the gals taking part in the swap so I am not spoiling anybodys surprise.

The guideline was to use your own hand as template, the fingers could be open or closed, and then art it up. We were asked to please finish it nicely so I painted some acrylic paints in gold shades and silver on the edges, using a different shade for each hand.
I had not done any Trees of Life in quite a while so I started with one and it became a whole year around series, starting with 


Spring



Summer



Autumn



Winter



I used my trusted inktense pencils for most of the artwork, the trees are coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils as they offer more accuracy with the shading. I also used a glitter gel pen for the pumpkin and I added some diluted iridescent medium to the winter hand to make the snow, moon and snowman shimmer and I used some undiluted iridescent medium to make the snowflakes. The winter hand is the only hand that does not have gold on the edge but silver (more wintery).

I love arting up hands and so far I kept going and made some more, using my own and some of my kids hands. But that is material for another blog entry...





3 comments:

A Mynah Production said...

These are beautiful! I love the tree's swirly branches. I think Winter is my fave. :) I'm in the same swap...hmmm, I've gotta figure out what I will do!

Donna said...

Love your hands. What a great idea to do a series of the seasons of the year! Like Mel, my favorite is the winter hand as well. I want to see what you did with the kiddos hands!

Miss Iowa said...

These turned out beautiful, Gem.