If you read some of my previous posts you know that I picked up needle felting recently, It is this new hobby that provided a solution for the previously daunting question of "how to add hair?". I took about 3 different colours of roving and mixed small amounts together in different combinations to achieve a nice variety of natural looking colour.
These are the girls hair bits, needle felted to make it look like it is parted in the middle.
The hair is then needle felted onto the dolls heads and tied with ribbon. I worked the ladies first, you can see the lads await their turn in the background.
NextI had to add some facial expression, the faces are drawn on. As all of them died during or because of The Rising I gave them all closed eyes.
They all have slightly different faces and fit perfectly into their pockets. My husband took some photos with his good camera, so I am not torturing you with low quality pictures of the finished quilt.
It is called "Child Victims of The Rising"