I have to start somewhere and for me the most prominent choice was to felt the tree next, because it is going to be just slightly off centre in the box, with the Mother Earth in front of it. It also will keep apart the skies.
You can still see the wire armature I used inside, then I needle felt all around it. This is only the main stem.
And off we go into the branches...
And this is how far I got. As you can see it has no leaves as of yet and it also is as wobbly as it looks. The wire I used is not the most sturdy stuff and I will have to glue it into the box.
After I made the tree I received news of a different project of mine, and about the fact that the anticipated deadline has moved forward by nearly 2 months. So this landscape is as of two weeks ago put on hold while I complete the other project in record time. I am going to dedicate my next blog post to said project, how it was made, and also a little background info on all my overseas readers (I hope you are still there ;-) ).