Sunday 12 May 2019

Upcycling a lost matrioshka doll


About two or three years ago, on a parking lot, I found a nesting doll. Not the whole set, just the littlest inside doll, the one that lives at the very heart of a set of nesting dolls. The poor thing was wet from the rain, the paint peeled off in flakes and it looked quite battered. I picked her up and affixed her to my dashboard with bluetack. Maybe one day I might give her a new coat of paint?

She has been living on my dash ever since, until a few weeks ago. This is her:



Not too bad one might think, but this is the true extend of the damage I found her with, the paint was all flaky.



To make he surface suitable for painting I sanded off all her old paint and gave her a good clean to get rid of all the dust.



Now, a few layers of acrylic paints and white posca pen later...

Say hello to Maddy, the shy little octopus girl...





She has the most pleasant and kind personality, in no time at all little Maddy made a friend: Armand has been with me for a good while as well. He was made by a friend I met over on Afa.com, and he immediately took a shine to the little Octopus girl. Now the two of them have a great time watching me drive the kids around from their prime position on my dashboard ;-)



No comments: