Sunday 2 August 2015

Shroomlings

Hi, all. Today is Shrom posting day! And today I have something new to share. I was captivated recently by some very beautiful watercolour pictures over on Atcs For All and since I bought a basic pallet of watercolours while I was away I thought I would give it a try. Of course I took no lessons beforehand nor did I watch any tutorial videos, my motto on these things is usually "Why go the easy way if you can have it complicated?". I just never go easy on me. Anyway, here is my first watercolour painting...


Since I didn't watch any how to's my colours bled into each other but I managed to hide most of the blotches with the background. And then I thought these look kind of boring and I really think I should get my head and hands around drawing freehand without pencilsketching first. A Lady I trade with regularly on Atcs For All has made a few cards with a technique called "Start With A Blob" and I was trying to find something about this online without luck so far. Well... Remember my Motto?
I just went ahead, took my trusted marker and...

Voilá, Shroomlings.



Hmmm, they are kind of freaky...

3 comments:

A Mynah Production said...

The shrooms are great! I especially liked how the bottom one turned out. you got a nice blending of water color there. ...I don't think it looks freaky. :)

LindyLu said...

I really like these. The colors & cute faces are great! Nothing freaky that i can see.

LindyLu said...

I really like these. The colors & cute faces are great! Nothing freaky that i can see.