Friday 18 December 2015

New Horizons

I have been so busy lately, that most of the time I am glad to be able to remember my name. December is not an easy month for me at all. There are several birthdays to think of and Christmas. I have all the presents going abroad sent off yesterday (I hope in time) and most of the gifts for my kids and husband got. But even though one could say I got it covered this still is an extremely tense time for me. I can not even put a finger on it. Every year around this time my hole body just tenses up, resulting in constant neck and shoulder pains and headaches. 
I am so glad I have my arting outlet. Just because I am posting very little lately, here or on my favourite webpage Atcsforall.com, doesn't mean there is no arting going on. There is SO MUCH arting going on. Especially now that I have "discovered" a third dimension! And a new medium to explore this awesome dimension: FELTING! (It's all your fault, Vikinglady)
Sometime I lie awake at night with my mind racing for new ways I could handle the wool or maybe use a needle felting technique, or... or... or...
So I thought I might post some flowers I made. I could not start on something easy, oh no, it has to be a flower, with a stem attached. I started taking pictures of the process and then got so engulfed in it I forgot to take more, I hope you like it anyway. And remember, this is only a fraction of what artsy stuff I have been doing...

This is the first flower I made, the wool fibres are already starting to felt together and I am about to attach the stamen...



Yes, it is dark green! So will the stem be, though...




Now I did not take more process pics (sorry about that) but instead here is my first finished flower...



And some more...






4 comments:

A Mynah Production said...

I hear ya! If only there was enough time in a day...actually there is...I just wish my energy was still up past noon! I start to fizzle out late in the day. Great felted flowers! That's another thang I'd like to try!

Janina Claywoman said...

Gorgeous flowers... needle felting is very ADDICTING, a few years back I started off making a couple "snowman head" ornaments as a fundraiser for an art group, about 50 heads later I finally stopped... best part, they all sold!!

LindyLu said...

Needle-felting is such a wonderful, relaxing art form. I'm crazy about it but have't made anything for a year since I moved. Your lovely flower has me inspired once more. I took my box of felting supplies out & just handling the soft, beautiful roving gives me a sense of peace.
I'm so glad you are felting. I guarantee you will love it & find inner peace while doing this. Good for you..GO GIRL!!

Anonymous said...

These came out absolutely beautiful! I've been wanting to try needle felting. Maybe that will be the new thing I try in the new year. :)