Tuesday 23 June 2015

Yellow Study

I have always wanted to make studies of my Inktense pencil colours. I did dread doing it, as I wanted to make it interesting for myself to make and look at. Then I stumbled on a tutorial on YouTube, where a lady demonstrated how to fold and cut one single sheet of paper (any size) to make a little folded booklet, or a journal. I gave it a try and ended up with a folded journal made from watercolour paper, 12 pages long, each page approximately 3.75" square. You can choose to only use one side of each page, then my way of folding would have given me 6 pages, but I have decided to use them front and back.

I proudly present to you the colour


2 comments:

Donna said...

Those little booklets are so much fun! You can bind a number of them together inside a cover to give you even more pages! I'm loving your idea to use the booklet as a color study. Yellow is wonderful!

Gemininorn said...

Thank you, Donna. I am intrigued by the idea of journaling, and also put off because it always seems so complicated. This way I don't spend lots of money on a journal I might never fill. And I just love colour swatches...